Both Part 1 & 2 Updated
After many months of our public beta, we are happy to announce the new mod update has been released. Thanks to so many people who helped to test the beta and give feedback! This new 1.2.6 update includes a lot of major battle changes, various new units and reforms, new faction traits and many new campaign features and fixes. You can find the details of the patch in the notes below and also the credits for so many wonderful contributors. Everyone please make sure to thank KAM, who has worked long and hard on large parts of this update!
Balance and other changes:
– Ranged attack and reloading now properly apply fatigue to units.
– Fatigue penalty increased but it takes longer to reach the various tiers.
– Slightly increased unit spotting range.
– Reworked unit experience threshholds.
– Reworked morale values to make them more balanced throughout a campaign.
– Reduce killing power of infantry charge, units with expert charge defense can effectively counter charges.
– Melee intervals (cooldown between attack animations) lowered from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
– Spear units are now tougher to kill in melee, Sword units have a bonus vs infantry.
– Unit hitpoints and weapon damage reworked, hopefully cavalry and elephants will take less casualties from autoresolve
– Various specific units like agrianian infantry, Socii units and war dogs reworked.
Ranged Combat Changes:
– Artillery ammo reduced, slightly increased damage to siege equipment from fire.
– Iberians now have access to their historical flaming javelins.
– Fixed trajectory of horse archer attacks sometimes preventing AI from fully using them.
– Added small knockback chance to all ranged weapons when soldiers are wounded by projectiles.
– Cavalry harder to decimate by precursor javelins of infantry but those javelins can now disrupt charges with knockback.
Battle AI Behavior:
– AI should now use disciplined formation in defensive battles.
– Both Shock and Melee cavalry are classified as shock cavalry now to improve AI use of those units.
– Infantry without ranged weapons will now properly brace vs cavalry and will use non phalanx formations properly.
Unit Movement and Combat Animations:
– All Thureophoroi and 2handed non heavy units now have 3 speed.
– Pikes and Hoplites have a harder time passing through enemy units.
– More rare kill animations should play out.
– Slight increase to medium and heavy infantry speed.
– Increased unit acceleration and deceleration speed to improve unit spacing after charge.
– Improved unit spacing for many units and fixed issues of unit overlap.
– Increased variety between soldier heights for various units.
– Fatigue penalties are now added to the unit status (i.e. Fresh 100% strength, Tired 70% strength)
– Morale % is now displayed on the unit UI status when you hover over your unit (i.e. Eager Morale 85-100%)
– Added ranged stats to elephant UI display
New Special Horses & Cavalry Changes
– Various units now have special horse types that give them specific bonuses.
– New Thessalian horse entry that combines both speed and charge power.
– Numidian horse that lacks charge but has great speed/acceleration, guerilla deployment and ignores ground penalties.
– Celtic Mairepos warhose that has speed and a greater charge power due to size.
– New Parthian Nisean horses as well.
– Camels now have custom weapon entries with a combat advantage over horses and a larger morale hit against cavalry.
– Reduced and added more variety to cavalry running speeds.
– Elephants have been reworked – they are more resilient against ranged and a bit easier to kill in prolonged melee. Fixed an issue where some tower elephants had double the hitpoints intended.
– Reduced strength of frontal cavalry charge on fresh units but increased ratio of AI cycle charging. AI will cycle charge less if they are doing well in melee.
– Cavalry takes larger casualties when pulling out of combat.
– Iberian horses once again have their unique look and changed look of Iberian armored horse.
New Median Overhaul and Reforms (Preview)
– New reform units added for Atropatkan. Around 9 new units, added at 2 reform levels.
– 2 new custom reforms: Iranian (65 turns) and Imperial (211 turns and certain regions).
– Media can now confederate with other Persian factions.
– New faction emblem and unit cards.
– New Persian culture emblem.
New Units For Other Factions
– 3 new Spartan units, new Parthian unit, new Nabatean unit, updated Rhodian unit, new Cretan Mercenary unit, new Sarmatian unit and new Hellenic AOR Galatian unit.
– Changed visuals and stats for Camillan Equites and Campanian Cavalry.
– Changed visual for Syrian elephants.
– Updated visuals for three Parthian Cataphracts units and Dahae Nobles.
New Barbarian Faction Traits from DMW
– Updated traits for Gallic, Germanic, British and Iberian factions to make them much more unique.
– Highlights include the Arverni’s new ability to form client states, new population system interaction for various factions, and more.
Naval Overhaul Summary from Demosthenes26
– Ramming speeds, acceleration, and base ramming damage have been increased to make ramming more effective. Most ships can sink a ship of the same type in two rams. This makes double-teaming a great tactic, as a follow-up ram from a short distance has reduced force.
– Updated the recruitment templates for all AI Hellenic factions, reflecting battle fleets and patrol fleets with historical faction considerations. Generally an “early” and a “late” version of each, with the late version given preference once those ships are available.
– More Scorpions added on Tetreres level ships and up.
– Lighter vessels now have further campaign movement range than heavier vessels, allowing for patrol vs battle fleets.
– More Hellenic factions can recruit Hexaremes and Hepteres, with variation depending on the faction.
New Capital Change Button
– The button has been moved to a new location in the top right of the settlement panel. Thanks to DETrooper for the UI wizardry!
– The button will no longer have the overlay problem for some players after battles and will no longer open the encyclopedia when clicked.
– Some text issues fixed.
Major Campaign Changes
– Barbarian transport ships will now be immune to attrition when near one of their cities.
– Fixed AI Carthage’s defense script and made it more robust.
– Women generals for factions that have them now receive the Commander/Brawler/Scholar traits.
– Women politician-only characters now have special personality and background traits. Existing women in save games will retain older versions of these traits.
– Agents now have new background traits with effects better suited for them. Existing agents retain older traits.
– Fixed various ancillaries that were triggering but not being assigned (thanks MrTimbe!) and lowered some chances for ancillaries that were happening too frequently.
– Slight reduction to overcrowding effect on 1st class population.
– Commander trait will no longer decrease from “close victories”.
– Intellectual trait has a slightly higher chance to increase and slightly lower chance to decrease.
– New faction emblems for various factions to make them more in line with other emblems. Thanks to Jake!
– Unit costs and upkeep have been recalculated based on new stats and battle changes. Also, various core mercenaries have had their costs properly increased.
All Factions Playable Submod
– Victory conditions have been added for all factions.
– New frontend map images for all factions from Lugos. Huge thanks!
– Fixed issue where autosaving wasn’t working properly.
– New Persian culture emblem added.
– Fixed various units not being properly designated as bodyguard units and missing out on commander effects.
– Changed supply system region names to match our city names rather than the now defunct region name system.
– Fixed Seleucid Companion cavalry unit not properly locking when late version is made available through reforms (new campaign only).
– Replaced Companion Cavalry unit card with older version.
– Fixed typo in intellectual trait description.
– Fixed missing ancillary image.
– Increased food, agriculture income and sell food edict income effect from livestock farm buildings.
– Increased income and income modification effect from livestock forum main city building.
– Fixed Athenian AOR hoplite description text
– Fixed bugged Illyrian general skin
– Changed Libyan Hoplites for Carthage to 3rd class.
– Fixed light cavalry masters army tradition having inverted effects for tier 2/3.
– Reverted Apulian and Lucanian unit hoplon patterns to older versions.
– Fixed starting RoR Roman family leader traits
– Added new unit cards for Egypt Thorax swords and 2 Macedonian bodyguard units.
– Fixed population size for a Meroe unit.
– Fixed a Barbarian ancillary image.
– Added missing effects to Syracuse HatG special temple.
– Fixed flavor text for Military Academy buildings.
– Fixed Galatian Noble cav missing legs.
– Fixed incorrect upgrade chains for Hellenic iron main city buildings.
– KAM for all the crazy hard work on so much of this update – from the battle changes to the Media overhaul!
– Mr Timbe for the hard work helping to fix the ancillary issue and the great help with the barbarian supply transports. Big thanks!
– Lugos for all the great work on the AFP submod art
– DMW for the hard work on the faction trait ideas
– Big thanks to DETrooper for the UI work on the change capital button!
– Thanks to Jake for the new Media emblem and many faction emblems.
– Thanks to Paladin94610 for the help with various fixes!
– Once again big thanks to sourav for the Media unit cards.
– Major thanks to Demosthenes for all the work on the naval changes
– Thanks to Celticus for the new sword model and helmet texture.
– Thanks to Shapur e Sassani for help with Median names.
1.2.6a Patch Notes
Battle & Unit Changes
– Fixed weight values across all units so that their description now better matches the unit type (ie light, heavy etc)
– Added new Late Ptolemaic Cavalry unit to thorax reforms (will be unlocked early in saves)
– Added Celtic and Iberian cavalry standard bearers
– Changed Partian AOR unit to Nisean Cavalry unit
– Changed many unit settings for resistance to cold/heat to be more consistent and realistic.
– Lowered tower arrow damage
– Heavily nerfed bolt tower damage
– Small rebalance of Greek sword units (less base damage, more AP)
– Small base damage increase to elite foot archers
– Small AP damage increase to lance/sword cavalry units
– Increased lance cavalry and falx infantry charge bonus by 15%
– Getae units rebalanced, mostly a bit better and more differentiation
– Added flaming arrows to Cretan archers
– Fixed stats/armor of some Armenian and Cappadocian units
– Lowered camel bonus vs cavalry
– Increased bonus vs infantry of Greek swords
– Slightly increased pike phalanx and hoplite phalanx bonus vs elephants
– Small decrease to elephant HP
– Fixed wrong horse entry of early Pontic lancers
– Small increase to mass of hoplites and pikes
– Fixed missing Unique Mount entry for AoR Thessalian cavalry
– Slightly nerfed damage and speed of camel cataphracts
– Fixed incorrect speed entries of few militia hoplite units
– Slightly buffed Illyrian Heavy Infantry
– Fixed missing Charge Defence of Illyrian Heavy Spearmen
– Illyrian Pirates speed increased
– Increase unit size to 200 for basic Medewi archers
– Fixed wrong mass entry for elite chariots
– Small tweaks to melee weapon damage
– Lowered damage of chariot javelins
– Changed stats/appearance of some Cappadocian cavalry units
New UI Features
– New Population and Supply information hover text buttons on the top right of the region panel.
– Province/Region effects are now limited to 12 rather than 6 slots, so they should show up properly in the UI.
– Aqueducts now will show up on the Grand Campaign, Augustus and Empire Divided maps.
– Added new faction traits for Nomadic, Irish, African, Cimbri, Arabian, Illyrian, Dacian and Thracian factions.
– Added new buildings for spice and amber regions. Will only show up in new games.
– Added new special Getae fortification building (one of their new faction traits)
Region Effect Changes & Edict Interaction
– Fixed Regional effects that were not properly working. These include growth, public order and tax effects. This will impact save game values.
– Changed regional tax, public order and growth effects to better fit various regions and for balancing purposes.
– Changed regional livestock effect to also affect agriculture income.
– Different regions now affect edicts in different ways, adding to variance for certain edicts across various provinces.
– Barbarian Tax Tribute – Lower Public Order in foreign areas, Higher taxes in home areas.
– Barbarian Migration – Lower Public Order in foreign areas
– Export Food – Higher Income in fertile regions, more food used
– Civilized Tax Harvesting – Lower Public Order & Tax Rate in Barbarian Lands
– Party Loyalty – Increased to 15, added Public Order Negative
– Commercial Stimulation – Lowered to 12% base, added Public Order Negative. Trade income increased based on region.
Agricultural & Food Edict Economic Changes
– Overall changes aimed at making agriculture income more viable while tax and trade will be slightly less dominant for some regions.
– Increase to agriculture income from farms/livestock buildings and granaries, added agriculture income % increase to granaries.
– Added base level food, growth and income effects for Export/Import Food edicts.
– Changed Olive, Fish and Wine resource trade buildings and Fish ports to produce agriculture rather than trade income. Changed Horse resource trade building to produce animal husbandry rather than trade.
– Timber, Copper and Iron resource buildings now give industrial income rather than trade.
– Various food/tavern forum buildings now split income between trade and agriculture/livestock and interact with the food edicts.
– Tier 3 and 4 of buildings that interact with export and import food edicts also help the reverse edict. For example, trade ports that normally import food will also reduce the food and growth cost of the export edict at tier 3/4.
– Slight increase to Export food edict income from various buildings.
– Reduced infantry missile unit autoresolve effectiveness.
– Fixed many autoresolve settings that were missing proper assignments based on battle types. Made the autoresolve tables more clear for modding purposes.
– Fixed ambush autoresolve giving a bonus to defenders.
– Fixed various autoresolve situations having the wrong settings and some vanilla bugs/mistakes.
– All Barbarian factions now have increased income from looting/sacking/razing.
– Fixed incorrect population size entries for around 45 units, fixed new Cretan Mercenary unit missing population entry.
– Added a custom battle cap of 2 for all Mercenary, AOR and Auxiliary troops. Also cap of 1 for Macedonian general unit.
– Fixed various factions having the wrong personality settings (new campaign only)
– Fixed new Iberian horses not showing up properly.
– Moved Night attack ability from level 1 to level 2 of Night Commander skill which is now unlocked at character rank 3. Added some extra effects to the skill overall.
– Added new effects for regions with higher political loyalty.
– Fixed Mauryans using the wrong AOR population settings. They will no longer recruit Persian units with their population.
– Added 37 new Mauryan female names
– Gave eastern Germanic factions access to Scanadanivan local units (Western Germanic already had this)
– Added camel officer variants for new Parthian and Nabatea units
– Fixed HatG Arevaci having vanilla unit colors.
– Fixed Rhodian hoplite slinger unit not properly getting slinger bonuses.
– Fixed typo in Cappadocian swordsmen description.
– Changed RoR Hellenic generals to use new custom Greek general models.
– Fixed spelling of Maurya faction name.
– Added Late Dacian foot nobles to Getae recruitable roster (previously commander only unit)
– Fixed 2 Media units not properly being classified in the missile unit set (and therefore not receiving some effects)
– Removed concentrated fire ability from early and late Bactrian cataphracts.
– Fixed incorrect reform information text for Saka.
– Fixed AI recruitment profile for a Mauryan sword unit.
– Fixed ancillary portrait for barbarian bard retinue.
– Changed Belgic cav unit name to distinguish from another unit.
– Fixed Egyptian Cilician peltasts missing from campaign recruitment.
– Moved Egyptian archers and Judean archers/slingers to different recruitment buildings.
– Fixed tier 4 Zarmizegetusa special capital fort variant missing garrisons when owned by Barbarians.
– Fixed crocodile wrestler ancillary missing subculture assignments.
– Fixed special garrison units having too low of a priority.
– Changed egypt/pontus chariot army tradition to affect cavalry in general instead.
– Fixed 2 Armenian generals with bugged shields
– Fixed bugged Medewi general variant
– Moved AOR Scordisci unit from Thrace to Pannonia
– Huge thanks to DETrooper for the Region effect UI change!
– Thanks to yaxl3y for finding the issue with regional tax effects.
– Big thanks to Daruwind, DETrooper and Jake for the new UI buttons to use!
– Thanks to DMW for the research for faction traits yet again!
– Thanks to Vandamsel for helping with testing so many smaller details!