The latest release for Divide et Impera has been opened up to the public as a beta. Please enjoy the newest features and changes to the mod and feel free to give feedback on our Discord, thanks!
- ) Download the beta from the above links. If you use the standalone, place the mod pack in your Rome 2 data folder. If you use Steam, simply subscribe to the beta on the Steam workshop. Both versions require the main DeI mod.
- ) When you run Rome 2, make sure the beta pack is above the main mod in the Mod Manager load order. Click Play.
*Please note that most submods will not be compatible with this beta for now.
– Removed “Disciplined” attribute from most units, it was too common and often even applied to untrained units
– Removed knockback from slings and bows
– Lowered hidden bonus vs infantry of bows
– Tweaked pike and hoplite spacing
– Slight increase to damage for charging phalanx
– Lowered falx bonus vs infantry by 1
– Added fatigue resistance and expert charge defence to disciplined formation
– Added fatigue resistance and mighty knocback to diamond formation
– Diamond formation added to Companion cavalry
– Increased AP damage of lance and sword cavalry, lowered base damage of lance and sword cavalry
– Small increase to infantry charging speed
– Small increase to hoplite walking speed
– Lowered wardog stats
– Slightly lowered hoplite defense
Battle Performance Changes
– Stamina Abilities for units have been removed. They were not functioning properly and were the cause of battle lag.
– Due to these changes, battle lag should be significantly improved, especially on lower end systems. Big thanks to Benjin for figuring this out!
– In the future, we may have them back or a submod version, if they can be implemented properly.
Greek Colony Overhauls
– Massalia, Colchis and Bosporus have had their rosters changed and updated.
– These three factions now have special colony barracks building types that have unique features and functions such as local vs Greek units, culture/diplomacy effects, etc.
– Colchis is now Caucasian and has Caucasian temples (new campaign only)
– New Faction trait: Colony population techs in the military training tree.
– Current campaigns with these factions may have some issues with incorrect building types.
Other New Units
– New Nabatean camel unit, New Athenian peltast units, new Iberian reform unit, new Saba heavy infantry, and new Kartli heavy swordsmen.
New Barbarian AI Roster Units
– Added 90 new AI only Grand Campaign units for various germanic, gallic, celtiberian, thracian and british AI factions from Ritter-Floh to create more unique and varied rosters.
– These will replace or augment existing rosters based the tribe. The goal is to add more variety and unique units for the various factions a player may face.
British Units & Generals Visual Updates
– Added new and greater variations for many units and updated their appearance. These included older shared units, officers, standard bearers and faction exclusive units.
– British generals updated with new visuals and proper politician outfits for when they are not leading troops.
– Big thanks to CEMN on all the hard work for these changes!
Area of Recruitment Changes
– Various higher tier AOR units have been moved to the immigration/foreign quarter line of buildings in many regions.
– These units now require either tier 2 or tier 3 of the immigration building to be recruited, depending on the unit quality.
– Depending on the culture, some of these units may still be available in the main city line because cultures cannot build immigration buildings of their own culture type.
– Removed copy units of Galatian AOR levies, swords and cavalry. These units are now available in the traditional Galatia area only.
Resource Changes (New Campaigns only)
– Iron has been moved from Sicily to Corsica and fish from Corsica to Sicily.
– Silver has been added in the Edetani’s city and olive oil has been moved in land.
– Added new amber and spice main city buildings rather than having the resource come from the region effect alone.
– Moved the amber resource in Germany to be on the coast with a port
– Region effects still produce 1 of each resource to allow saves to retain that feature. Save games will have amber production in a different region than the resource buildings in Germany due to the move.
– Carthage’s mercenary barracks now requires silver rather than gold to upgrade.
– Squalor (sanitation) effects now begin at tier 1 for all cities and gradually increase to tier 4.
– Lowered squalor (public order) negatives on all tier 4 cities.
– Slightly increased squalor (sanitation) from major cities.
– Removed random disaster plague events.
– Replaced most upkeep bonuses in the Military Management technology tree with population bonuses.
– Population system economic effects are now properly working. This will have an impact on save game economies.
New Victory Conditions
– Revised all Victory conditions to be generally shorter, more consistent and varied between the types of victories. Big thanks to Q_Sertorius for all the work on this new feature! (new campaign only)
– Reduced AI agent amount (reduced cap) at higher imperium levels.
– Removed Governor (dignitary) agent active actions, they are now passive only.
– Many Mercenaries now start at 0 availability to begin a campaign and have to replenish. Most provinces start with 1 unit available at start, some with 2. (new campaign only)
– Changed all Mercenaries to have the same replenishment rate chance (15% as most had already) – new campaign only
– Increased recruitment cost based on imperium level, especially for highest imperiums.
– Reduced AI Bonuses for smaller imperium size AI factions.
– Lowered gravitas per turn effects for skills, ancillaries and traits.
– Updated visuals for 14 units that had older or vanilla assets from skillfultree’s submod. Big thanks to him!
– Tier 4 barracks now give 1 extra recruitment slot.
– AI Carthage now starts friendly toward the Nasamones, Garamantia, Cyrenaica and the Gaetuli.
– Added autoresolve bonus for Carthage and Seleucids when attacking vs non player allied minor factions.
– Fixed the Fleet ready to leave port supply effect not properly being removed.
– Fixed skills, ancillaries and traditions that affect enemy morale not properly working. They will now affect all enemy armies in a region.
– Fixed many factions having incorrect rebellion units and general units.
– Lowered fame threshhold for Imperium 6-8, so they will be reached sooner.
– All units now have campaign stealth and will have to be seen in order to be identified on the campaign map.
– Added new strategic port for Athens (Piraeus) in new campaigns, changed previous special tier 5 port to a different name.
– Fixed Battle of Cannae crashing, thanks to Swaraj!
– Fixed the “white screen” map bug when starting a multiplayer campaign.
– Replaced chariot techs Baktria and Caledones. Changed Seleucid chariot tech to include elephant effects.
– Changed political party names for some Bactria, Cimbri, Syracuse and Sparta auxiliary parties
– Added new strength/weakness unit description texts for all units based on unit class/weapon.
– Changed Rugoz roster units to match Cimbri units.
– Added guerilla deployment to Germanic and Iberian missile units.
– Changed Germanic axe raider ships to population class 3 to match land counterparts.
– Small increase to some tier 4 minor city food consumption.
– Fixed Macedon grain pits missing baggage train recruitment.
– Removed shared heavy cavalry commander unit from celtiberian factions.
– Fixed Mercenary Belgic Lancers missing secondary weapons.
– Fixed some Iberian factions have a Celtic rather than Iberian piece of artillery.
– Removed normal thorax spears from Pergamon roster due to having their own version.
– Moved Edetani Guard and Heavy Infantry to barracks, Light Swords and Skirmishers to main city line.
– Moved Cimbri slingers to main city line and elite skirmishers to tier 3 cities.
– Added Cimbri Noble cav and Ardaiei noble hoplites to recruitable units.
– Removed Galatian and Iberian mercenary units from African provinces (new campaign only)
– Increased Carthaginian maximum available limit for Galatian and Iberian factional mercenaries (new campaign only)
– Removed 3rd class pop bonus to Colony buildings.
– Increased 1st/2nd class pop from public guard tower buildings.
– Fixed 2 incorrect units in Baktrian chapter missions.
– Fixed Seleucids and Baktria missing required technologies for granaries and main city storage buildings.
– Fixed Germanic army tradition missing effect text, name and icon
– Fixed Bibracte having reversed descriptions for trade/fort variants
– Changed barbarian research buildings to increase pop 1 and 2 instead of 1 and 3.
– Added Iberian light cavalry units to all barracks types.
– Increased cavalry ratio for Iberian AI army templates.
– Added sanitation effects to Germanic Austro temple line.
– Kartli foot guard moved up to tier 3 barracks recruitment.
– Fixed Bactrian Heroic cavalry having wrong attribute group
– Changed Scythian armored lancers to have proper ammo amount.
– Fixed Media starting archer unit size. (new campaign only)
– Moved Gastraphetes unit to Sicily only.
– Fixed bad texture on an Indian 2h axe model.
– Added bireme/trireme recruitment for Rhodes tier 1 special port.
– Moved Armenian/Kartli Georgian sword unit to main city recruitment.
– Added Loricati reform unit to Lusitani roster.
– Light Peltasts now use 2h spears and have them in offhand with javelins.
– Removed horse armour on certain non heavy hellenic horses
– Changed Arevaci guerilla warriors to third class
– Added guerilla deployment to Cimbri spearmen, berserkers and sword unit.
– Changed unit card for Numidian slingers.
– Changed Greek ballista to 2nd class to match other factions and siege units.
– Lusitani Heavy spear and sword also now recruitable from tier 3 barracks along with tier 3 cities. Callaeci Medium infantry moved to tier 2 cities.
– Removed Syrian mercenary elephants, increased AOR syrian elephants campaign cap.
– Removed quotation marks (many errant) from unit descriptions
– Fixed garrison Armenian cavalry missing javelin models in battle.
– Moved Thracian footmen to tier 1 cities, Thracian Rhomphaia to tier 2.
– Added Molossian Royal Guard to tier 3 barracks recruitment.
– Moved Caledonian archers to city recruitment, militia to barracks recruitment
– Changed Caledonian medium archers to pop 3, light cav to pop 2
– Added stealth/guerilla attributes to skirmisher and levy Irish and Caledonian units.
– Removed pop 3 bonus from Barbarian barracks and Eastern sanitation buildings to help with overcrowding.
– Changed tier 4 cattle/grain alternative buildings to provide pop 2.
– Changed some political party colors to better stand out.
– Fixed bugged textures on Egyptian traitor legionary and Scipio Praetorian unit shields.
– Added provincial cavalry morale bonuses for Epona temples.
– Changed Dacian Cataphract cav to pop class 1.
– Fixed missing trait effects for some female traits.
– Fixed Pergamon Galatian infantry not being recruitable, moved to a pre-Thureos unit (new campaign only)
– Removed lowest tier townsfolk units from rebellion rosters.
– Lowered starting Hellenic culture in Caucasia.
– Changed Pergamon Elite Thureos spears to 2nd class
– Fixed Pergamon civil war faction missing garrison units.
– Moved a few different barbarian units from the slave market buildings to the Loremaster’s Hut in major cities.
– Fixed Armenian civil war faction missing garrison units
– Removed artillery Quinquiremes for most eastern factions.
– Fixed composite bow cavalry shield animations.
– Fixed various incorrect voice entries for units.
– Removed javelins from some AOR and garrison British units.
– Moved Meroe skirmishers and archers to main city line, medium spearmen and pikes to barracks. Moved light cav to tier 1 stables.
– Moved Median Persian Kinsmen Lancers to Iranian reforms
– Removed Median pikes from roster.
– Fixed Parthian camel cataphracts not being properly recruitable.
– Fixed Late Triarii and Allied Pedites missing weapons in hollow square.
– Fixed 3 units missing from Nervii custom battle roster
– Changed Greek raiding hemolias to be third class pop.
– KAM for the insane amount of work he puts in on everything
– Ritter for so many great units
– Q_Sertorius for the new victory conditions
– Benjin for helping to identify the battle lag issue
– CEMN for his british units update
– Thanks to Jake, CEMN, skillfultree and Swaraj for help with unit card work
– skillfultree for his updated texture submod
– Litharion for various script fixes