About Divide et Impera
Divide et Impera is a total overhaul of Total War: Rome 2 that seeks to provide a challenging, historically authentic, realistic experience of the ancient world and warfare. As a team, we believe modding is an important part of Total War games that adds significantly to their immersion and longevity. Our focus is improving gameplay, adding core features and increasing challenge and realism by expanding Rome 2 with new concepts and creative systems that turn it into a different sort of experience.
The best way to experience all of the changes in the mod is to jump right in. It is almost impossible to have a summary of everything in the mod that has been added since our founding in 2013. Some highlights include a custom reforms system, custom population system, custom supply system, completely new battle AI and system, all custom rosters from the ground up (over 2000 units), custom building system, and a thousand other changes.
Mod Leads: Dresden, KAM 2150
Developers: Q_Sertorius, CEMMEN, Jake Armitage, Demosthenes26, Litharion, Ritter-Floh
Moderators: Augustusng, Ivan_Moscavich
Mod Team Members: Summary, Swaraj, DMW, ChefGuevara, Vandamsel, CzarsHussar
Testers: Dyso, Jake0843, Lysander, Burtonias, Mood, nateoroni, Ptolemy Soter, Professor_Hobo31, theposhbarbarian
Divide et Impera was named CA’s best Overhaul Mod 2014, CA’s Most Innovative for 2015 and also won Player’s Choice in both 2014 and 2015. We were also named Rome 2 Best Overhaul for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 on Total War Center. Thanks for all the support!
Our mod team has been an international collection of dozens of people over a decade of work, many of them may no longer active. Outside of our current and past team members, we also have had various contributions and help from others. Here is a list of those credits:
– Thanks to all our Patreon supporters, its very much appreciated! A special thanks to our previous and current Consul-tier patrons, Bernard, Basilius, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Flex. Also, an extra thank you to long time Legate supporters Gregory, Pol, Achilles, William and Pierre.
– A huge thank you to the EB/EBII team for inspiration for the mod on multiple levels.
– The Europa Barbarorum & EBII teams for various factional research to draw on for the mod and for previews.
– The Europa Barbarorum & EBII teams for unit concepts, descriptions and names including various language translations.
– The Ancient Empires team for our partnership that has benefited both mods and constant help and advice.
– Dontfearme22 and the AoB Team for a lot of models/textures. Huge thanks to the Age of Bronze team!
– Celticus for many assets and VMD, models, textures and other help throughout the process!
– The R2TR team for their history messages script.
– A huge thanks to the Total War Hellas Unit Pack Team, especially koultouras!
– Massive thanks to Little Legionaire and the True Legions submod!
– Huge thanks to Agrez for the work on various mod parts and overhauls.
– Big thanks to DETrooper for the UI work on the change capital button!
– jan_boruta for his amazing art work as our frontend map images and promotional material.
– Culture Identity Unitpacks (CIU) for some models and textures. Thanks to Avetis and Miri82.
– OSP Project for the use of various models
– Benjin for various visual assets and lots of help in many areas!
– Hegemonia mod for the wonderful new Hellenic standards. Thanks to fixa and Melcor.
– Idreaus for use of the map overlay and other custom UI designs.
– Solitudo and Maetharin for the larger pike shield.
– Miri82 and Aguirre for some great models and textures
– Mitch for help with adding imperium back for reforms requirements. Huge thanks!
– Many past mods for so much inspiration and great foundational ideas like Roma Surrectum and Europa Barbarorum.
– Thanks to all users of this mod for their invaluable help on tweaking an balancing the changes. Without your support and help this mod would not be half as good as it is.
– Thanks to Creative Assembly for this game that, albeit with its (many) shortcomings, is still a great one under the rust.