Divide et Impera 1.3.2 Overview
After a longer than normal beta, our normal Winter update has pushed itself into the Spring! We are happy to announce that 1.3.2 has now been released. The new update features an entirely new campaign set in the Mithridatic Wars, overhauls for the Roxolani and Scythia, updates for Sparta and Athens, hundreds of visual and stat upgrades for many units and many other changes. Thanks to everyone who helped to test and give feedback over these months, we all appreciate it!
You can head over to our Download Page to get the latest update. Steam will update automatically. It is save compatible. We will be working on updating submods as we can.
New Campaign – Mithridatic Wars
- New campaign set in 83 BC after the First Mithridatic War. This campaign takes place during Sulla’s Civil War.
- 3 New playable factions: Sullani, Mariani and Pontus.
Roxolani & Scythia Overhauls
- Overhauled factions with new units for their entire rosters.
- New purple upgrade technology for nomadic factions to facilitate post-reform upgrades.
- Overhauled visuals for Nomadic generals and women.
- New unit cards, some updated unit appearances
- Removed Spartan Thorax Hoplites, added Thorax Pikes
- Spartan Guest Hoplites changed to population class 4
- Increased pike and hoplite recruitment priorities for Spartan AI armies
- Changes to Spartan Youths, Skiritai Swords and Reformed Spartan Hoplites
- Added new Mercenary barracks for Athens
- Fixed various clipping issues and updated appearances for various units
- Removed the steal food ability from spies, replaced with deployable ability that decreases enemy army movement while increasing your army movement.
- Small increase to food bonus at lower imperiums to make up for spy changes
- Changed some spy skills to match new changes to ability
Character Skills, Ancillaries & Traditions
- New custom army traditions for Maurya
- Updated many army tradition effects to make them more unique for various factions
- Updated various ancillaries to apply bonuses to chariots that should have been originally (charioteer, etc)
- Improved army master ancillary effect
- Improved cooldown rate, aura size and scope for Daring Admiral
- Changed the movement rage effects for various army traditions and skills
- Changed various army traditions to focus more on chariots/elephants where it matches the tradition
- Changed many effects from political power to gravitas
- Tier 3 spy skill now provides Zeal instead of Cunning
- Changed champion background skills that applied to Single Combat to apply to Slaughter instead
Unit Visual & Stat Changes
- New, better arrow models added for more visibility during flight.
- Updated unit cards for Pontus, Egypt, Successors, various Greek and Persian units, and the Scordisci
- Thureos sword units have been changed to a melee skirmisher unit type
- Visual updates for all British, Celtic, Germanic, and Iberian playable factions
- Visual updates for all AI-only Celtic and Iberian factions
- Unique visuals added for several AI-only factions, including: Bastarnae, Cantabri, Lapodes, Turdetani
- Various adjustments to Iberian and Celtiberian rosters and recruitment.
- Garrison unit visual changes for many barbarian factions to make them more unique based on culture.
- Updated look of shared Hellenic thorax spear and sword units
- Updated Ptolemaic swordsmen graphics
- Syrian elephants now have updated armor graphics
- Seleucid Hypaspistai, early Hetairoi and Thessalian Thorax cav have updated looks
- Stat & visual changes for Carthaginian mercenary units
- Gallic factions now have tier 5 garrison cavalry, celtic factions have sword units.
- Adjusted stats and appearance of AOR Indo-Hellenic units and Persian Cavalry
- Various changes to Illyrian units’ shield values to better match their equipment
Building & Economy Changes
- Changed tier 4 farm and cattle options to represent industrialized slave labor vs citizen homestead choices
- Changed Foreign Population levels to affect tax income rather than subsistence income
- Improved and added special effects to many resource buildings
- Changed some building effects for Greek colony factions’ local barracks options
- Moved tier 3 local barracks for Greek colony factions to later in the tech tree
- Fixed UI values for population income effects not referencing correct values
- Small increase to industrial income bonus from slave forum buildings
- Changed Roman tier 4 barracks to give pop 3 instead of pop 1 and 2.
- Improved effects from barbarian salt farm option
- Fixed a bug in the autoresolve script that would cause minor factions to gain bonuses when attacking other AI. Thanks to k4mil for reporting this!
- Added new AI Seleucid army spawns periodically to help bolster the faction.
- Fixed ancillaries (household) and plagues not working in Alexander campaign.
- Changed the campaign appearance for some higher tier nomadic buildings to look more settled/civilized.
- Added new Iberian name pool for certain Iberian factions (Edetani, etc.) from CEMMEN
- Lowered AI Seleucid naval budget
- Barbarian temples have been rebalanced with new effects for various lines to make them more desirable.
- Increased chance for Brawler trait to go up and removed age restrictions
- Increased cost to reform government
- AOR units are no longer considered levy units for the purposes fo effects. They are auxiliaries
- Trade agreements now allow factions to use allied supplies
- Fixed a bug that was causing AI Imperium bonuses to be reapplied for multiple imperium levels
- Changed the faction traits for the Gallic faction group, the Arevaci and Nabatea from an immigration effect to something new
- Added Battle Formation Reforged by K4mil – the AI will have better formation deployment.
- The Edicts list will now show a fully expanded UI thanks to valerius, rather than one that is cut off.
- Expert charge defence removed from all units to fix a Rome 2 bug where charging cavalry would lose more men on a rear charge compared to frontal charge
- Cavalry and infantry mass adjusted for better holding effect of spearmen vs cavalry charge
- Bonus vs cavalry heavily increased for spear units
- New Repel cavalry formation that improves unit bracing and anti-cav bonus but unit will be worse vs. infantry
- Small increase to minimum knockdown time
- Small increase to phalanx attack intervals
- Small decrease to weapon reach of hoplites/pikes
- Minor fatigue value tweaks
Minor Fixes & Changes
- Fixed short description for Cernunnos temples.
- Fixed mispelled Taranis temple name
- Fixed various incorrect unit descriptions.
- Fixed IA Antony Chapter mission titles and descriptions.
- Fixed Parthia faction select text political tradition
- Fixed Zranka having the wrong roster assigned.
- Fixed small tier 3 military Roman ports missing Quinquireme recruitment
- Fixed HatG Carthage having access to thorax units.
- Fixed some buildings not being properly assigned to building sets.
- Fixed Caucasian levies missing spears
- Changed Carthage chapter mission to require Sicily rather than Magna Graecia.
- Removed Rhodian Thureophoroi unit from Levy unit set list
- Changed North Iberian AOR unit voice lines
- Removed some AOR unit recruitment from Macedon and Scordisci rosters that matched their core unit roster units.
- Updated Iberian garrison unit cards
- Changed region effect for Mazaca due to iron presence
- Updated Credits screen.
- Changed Athens Military victory regions required to 60 (new campaign only)
- Updated Mauryan bodyguard elephant appearance
- Updated Alexander’s look in game.
- Fixed Ebdani starting skirmisher unit size
- Roman tier 1-3 farms now reduce Hastati cost. Tier 4 farms increase Pre-Marian infantry costs
- Romans slave buildings increase Pre-Marian infantry costs
- Updated Cimbri flag
- Lowered Mauryan chariot weight
- Changed Breuci faction to Lapodes to better fit the region/culture
- Fixed wrong armor entry and price for Seleucid melee thureos cav unit
- Adjusted stats of Thureos cavalry (cheaper but lower stats)
- Adjusted Defensive formation armor bonus to be better from front but worse from the rear.
- Adjusted Veteran Legionaries stats so that they are a bit more unique between reforms
- Adjusted AOR and Mercenary Persian cav armor/price
- New lesser falx weapon entry for ind axemen and bactrian axemen
- Added eastern supply unit recruitment to spice main city buildings
- Added last tier of Buddhist temple as a Mauryan cultural victory requirement
- Added Reform the Line to several Alexander units missing it
- Fixed Illyrian tier 4 port missing garrisons
- Fixed 2 Parthian cav units having same dismounted charge as mounted
- Fixed victory objective province for Carthage being incorrect
- Added Macedon to Thracian pirates spawn event
- Fixed Carthage thorax reform text tooltip on upgrade tech
- Fixed tier 4 copper hellenic towns missing some effects
- Fixed emergent faction in Cyrene having wrong rebellion unit assignments
- Fixed some germanic naval spear units being invisbile
- Seleucid bodyguard Agema cavarly are now upgradeable. New generals only
- Fixed HatG Carthage starting elephants being wrong size
- Fixed slave resource missing in Arabia in IA campaign (new campaign only)
- Changed some Nomadic and African/arabian naval budgets to be lower
- Lowered victory condition region requirements for GC Egypt (new campaign only)
- Lowered building times for Marib Dam tiers 2 and 3
- Added new general variants for Cantabri and Gallaeci
- Changed effect for Rhetorician ancillary
- Fixed Sparta chapter 4 mission
- Added a lower tier longbow entry for levy longbowmen
- Decreased Corinthian Levy Hoplites to 200 unit size
- Fixed Boii light cavalry using wrong appearance
- Added new strength/weakness texts for auxiliaries and melee skirmishers to distinguish them from other units
- Britannic guard spearmen added to Scottish and Irish rosters, campaign cap added
- Fixed some faction effect bundles that had long strings of numbers attached to them in the faction summary screen
- Removed Qunquiremes from pirate rosters
- Fixed some barbarian units kneeling while forming up in defensive formation
- Fixed some hellenic infantry effects not properly applying to Illyrian hellenic infantry units
- Many, many other smaller fixes!
- Summary for all the great UI work and character models in the new campaign
- Benjin for help with Mithridates campaign Caesar model
- Q & CEMMEN as always for all the hard work on the myriad of unit changes
- Q for the great work on the skill and temple balancing
- KAM for all the hard work on the nomad rosters and the battle updates
- TheCzarsHussar for the great work on the nomad update
- Demosthenes for the Athens visual updates
- K4mil for use of his great submod Battle Formations Reforged!
- valerius for the new edicts UI changes!